At Roseville Dental Practice, it is our goal to ensure that everyone has a great experience at our clinic. However, we know that not everyone is going to be completely satisfied. We take all complaints very seriously. We will deal with complaints quickly and efficiently and do everything we can to resolve the problem.
We are dedicated to learning from our mistakes so we can give our patients the care they deserve. We welcome any concerns you may have and will deal with them in a caring and sensitive way.
If you have a complaint or a concern, we recommend that you follow our protocol to ensure it is taken care of promptly.
1. We have certain people at our clinic who deal with complaints and concerns. Our Practice Manager, Julie Walters, is responsible for dealing with your concerns.
2. If you don’t talk to us about your concern or complaint promptly, it is difficult for us to resolve your problem quickly. We recommend making any concern or complaint within twelve months of the incident.
3. If a complaint occurs directly e.g. over the phone or at the reception desk, we will do our best to deal with your issue quickly. If our Practice Manager is not available, we will make arrangements to find a time that will work for both of you to talk about your concern or complaint. If you can’t wait, we will make arrangements for you to talk to another staff member who is available and equipped to deal with the concern or complaint.
4. Whenever we receive a written concern or complaint, it is given to Julie right away.
5. All complaints about our care will be taken to the lead clinician (usually Dr Amrik), unless the patient requests that it not be.
6. Verbal concerns or complaints that are taken care of do not need to be processed through our formal complaints procedure.
7. Formal concerns or complaints are acknowledged in writing within three working days. We also send a copy of this code of practice. Patients may get help from the Citizens Advice Bureau or any other local patient groups if necessary.
8. It is our goal to investigate the concern or complaint. We do our best to have a written response by first class mail within ten working days. However, in the event that we are unable to do so because the response requires further investigation, we will let you know by mail. We try to explain the reason why it is taking so long and an approximate date of completion.
9. Proper and comprehensive records are kept of all complaints received.
10. If patients require further help because they are not pleased with our results, they may complain to the following services:
- The Dental Complaints Service (08456 120 540) for complaints about private treatment.
- NHS England (0845 050 0194) for complaints about NHS treatment.
11. If patients require more assistance after a NHS England investigation, they can seek assistance with the Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman (0345 015 4033).
Don’t hesitate to contact us today if you have any concerns or complaints. We will do everything we can to make sure our patients are happy with our service.